Validation lets you be sure of valid inputs before your form is allowed to be submitted
What is form validation?
Form validation lets you check form inputs are valid before users are able to move onto the next step or submit your form.
With form validation, you can:
- Ensure a field is filled in
- Ensure a field is a valid phone number
- Ensure a field is a valid email address
- Ensure a field is a valid website address
- Date validation: ensure a date is valid
It is good practice to build your forms with validation built in, as it ensures the right data is collected from the start.
How to create a form with validation
First, sign up to Growform and create your first form.
Then, select the field you wish to enable validation for, and adjust the “Validation” options on the left.
From here, you can mark a field as required and adjust validation requirements depending on the type of field.
For example, if you’ve selected a phone number field, you’ll be able to enforce phone number validation.
Why use a form builder with validation?
Validation can be really tricky to get right – there are lots of things to consider and edge cases to handle, such as:
- How should I highlight a field as invalid?
- How do I make it clear a field is valid, once it becomes valid again?
- Should I let users navigate between steps even though the data is invalid?
- How do you define a “valid phone number”?
Fortunately, we’ve created a form builder with validation built in, so you don’t need to worry about any of this – just choose your paramaters and publish your form!
Which plans include form validation?
We wouldn't restrict this one - form validation is available on all plans!